We are postponing all programing due to concerns around the coronavirus pandemic. The safety and well-being of our community members is our highest priority. You can find resources and follow the steps the Jewish Federation is taking here.
The Cardozo Society hosts a variety of events throughout the year including a CLE in the spring, a Networking Happy Hour in January, a Passover Luncheon, and a L'dor V'dor Reception.
Every year the Cardozo Society recognizes an outstanding legal professional that brings together their Jewish and legal identity in service to the community and awards them with the L'dor V'dor award.
Past Honorees include:
- Professor Eric Schnapper
- Justice Sheryl Godron McCloud
- Craig Sternberg
- Ralph Maimon
- Judge Ronald Kessler
- Rochelle Goffe
- Joel Benoliel
- Justice Bobbe Bridge
- Judge Anthony Wartnik
- Judge Carol Schapira
- Robert Sulkin
- Murray Guterson
The Cardozo Society also hosts events approved for Continuing Legal Education credits that integrate legal and Jewish concerns.
Past CLEs include:
- Protecting Speech Freedoms in a Climate of Hate
- Crime After Crime: Film Screening and Panel Discussion
- Anti-BDS Legislation Briefing
- Affordable Housing: Best Practices and Community Impact
- Paid Family Leave Panel Discussion
- Syrian Immigration Law Symposium
- Why Universities Need a Definition of Anti-Semitism
- Marriage Equality in Israel and in the United States
- Asylum 101