The Cardozo Society hosts a variety of events throughout the year including a CLE in the spring, a Networking Happy Hour in January, a Passover Luncheon, and a L'dor V'dor Reception.
We are hosting an Ask Us Anything event in collaboration with UW's Jewish Law Students Association on Monday, March 9, 2020 at 5:00pm. The event will give law students the opportunity to hear from a diverse group of panelists representing both the public and private legal sectors. We'll have bagels, schmear, and the opportunity for students to ask established legal professionals many questions about the world of law.
Thank you to everyone who attended our Networking Happy Hour on January 16. We had a great turnout and enjoyed making new connections and seeing so many friendly faces!
We also have our Passover Luncheon coming up on April 14 and we are also in the process of planning our spring CLE. Stay tuned for details!
Every year the Cardozo Society recognizes an outstanding legal professional that brings together their Jewish and legal identity in service to the community and awards them with the L'dor V'dor award.
Past Honorees include:
- Professor Eric Schnapper
- Justice Sheryl Godron McCloud
- Craig Sternberg
- Ralph Maimon
- Judge Ronald Kessler
- Rochelle Goffe
- Joel Benoliel
- Justice Bobbe Bridge
- Judge Anthony Wartnik
- Judge Carol Schapira
- Robert Sulkin
- Murray Guterson
The Cardozo Society also hosts events approved for Continuing Legal Education credits that integrate legal and Jewish concerns.
Past CLEs include:
- Protecting Speech Freedoms in a Climate of Hate
- Crime After Crime: Film Screening and Panel Discussion
- Anti-BDS Legislation Briefing
- Affordable Housing: Best Practices and Community Impact
- Paid Family Leave Panel Discussion
- Syrian Immigration Law Symposium
- Why Universities Need a Definition of Anti-Semitism
- Marriage Equality in Israel and in the United States
- Asylum 101